RooBaRoo

All my Public writing

Frown, scowl, clench Ur teeth ... swear!

One of the passengers complained of nausea. (the car soared ... ahead... until it was obstructed abruptly. And then soared again, and so on) It was diagnosed that that's because she was facing away from the direction of journey. (This car had seats facing backwards)

Like rider, like mount! The car was conditioned & tuned to Archie's driving. On braking, it reared up, like a horse !!!

It was a model of a few years ago, Indian cars back then were not manufactured with seatbelts. & even if they were, You would need seatbelts in 3-D – also to suspend you from the hood & tie you to the floor, apart from the usual.

Indian roads are not equipped to handle Indian traffic, & thus get destroyed very fast, are too narrow, & etc., etc.

He also does the things that common Indian people do on Indian roads – You overtake from both sides, (what a shame you can't overtake through!), attend mobile calls while driving, block the left lane when you have to turn right, & then block everybody else too, crossing all the lanes (If not for the streetlamps, you'd be driving on the divider.)

However, Indian public is used to this, & those who 'ride' with Archie, are part of Indian public.

Yet.

“A casual friend, once, actually started reading aloud the Hanuman Chalisa.” Archie Blushed. “His Mom called. He told her he had made a mistake by agreeing to travel with me, & if he reached home safely, won't repeat.”

After he dismounted, he apparently asked Archie “Who are you brother? I do not know you!”

Archie is very progressive. He likes to move ahead. Wants to wriggle into any minuscule space, if it enables him to move forward an inch.

'Give him an inch & he'll take a few feet' . Even reverses if he finds a more lucrative gap just left or right of where he is. True, sometimes, in order to keep marching on, you may have to retreat a tiny bit.

Archie is as proud of his driving, as others are doubtful & suspicious.

Sometimes he is made to forgo what he loves, for others fail to appreciate his ahead-of-the-times approach!

It was my wedding time & my brother in law had his hands full. ''We need your car, but You, we keep in the luggage dikey''

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
I started out studying Rehabilitation. Drifted to Management. Was employed with private firms for 3 yrs... Break ke baad - Now I'm married, & have a baby girl. I'm working in Non-life Insurance, Public Sector. (Still miss clinics) My political blog is purely my opinions. About almost everything that affects us. Or someone. My personal blog is my humble attempt at humour, by being sarcastic, & I personally know people way more witty than myself ....................

Followers