RooBaRoo

All my Public writing

Species of tailors

Tailors have something against me.

Ever since I was old enough to want to wear a particular look, I have been unable to wear it. That. The look that I wanted.

I'm not of very large dimensions, & the embroidered or embellished part of a dress material can make both front & back of my dress. But no.

Maybe it's against the code of Tailors to to make the backside of a dress from the cloth meant for the front!

Then there have been those who made me tops with quarter sleeves instead of three quarter & vice versa. The longer ones can be reduced, but the shorter? When I asked them to retrieve the rest of the cloth, the reply is 'thrown them' Surely you haven't thrown it out of the Universe as we know it? Get it from where You've thrown! 'thrown them'.

I bought a black stripes for a formal collared shirt, & left it with the Tailor! Sure, it came back, correct size too ... & guess what ? The stripes horizontal !!!

It won't even occur to me ...

Ladies' tailors can't cut collars, gentlemen's tailors never made a coat for 'a ladies'. Once a tailor returned me a dress with no buttons, hook, or zip! Like a polypack! How I was supposed to shrink myself into it, or wish it upon me, I did not venture to try it on. He very kindly put in a concealed fastening upon being pointed out.

Since tailors never return the surplus, & since there's often enough surplus for an entire dress for a slim girl, I decided to divide the cloth into two before placing it for tailoring.

My sister thought that I had made good mincemeat of the materials.

But I was yet to see more. Of the ways of the world! We put our pieces with different tailors. Her's returned it, though bit late, a satisfactory dress. She said 'she's managed even with your keemaa'. Mine. She cut the cloth. Front & back. & lost one of the pieces. She's still looking for it...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
I started out studying Rehabilitation. Drifted to Management. Was employed with private firms for 3 yrs... Break ke baad - Now I'm married, & have a baby girl. I'm working in Non-life Insurance, Public Sector. (Still miss clinics) My political blog is purely my opinions. About almost everything that affects us. Or someone. My personal blog is my humble attempt at humour, by being sarcastic, & I personally know people way more witty than myself ....................

Followers