RooBaRoo

All my Public writing

Hello my place!

Where I belong!
Where are you?
Or rather, since you are a place, which are you?
You with my trees -
Neem & Jamun, Amaltaas & Palaash, Kachnaar & Shareefa ...
Squirrels & sparrows, Neelkanths & mongoose ...
A little pool? At the base of the handpump,
& the base of the earth furrows.
Surrounded only by wire mesh fence.
Grashoppers, "Sui"s, frogs.
Perhaps snakes?
Sunshine.
AND MONSOONS.
& my ampersands.
How do I find you?
You, With my ivory tower
My vertical abode with just one room per floor,
& the rest of you covered by those trees ...
How old are the trees now?
What?
Oh! Sorry!
I didn't plant them yet?
How do I buy you, my place?
& who are my neighbours?
Your neighbours, OUR neighbours?
Are they human?
Humans are always hungry.
Hungry for more land.
Hungry for more rooms.
More cars, which need more parking.
Never mind me, my place,
My home, my heart, my soul,
If I find you,
You will no longer be safe.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
I started out studying Rehabilitation. Drifted to Management. Was employed with private firms for 3 yrs... Break ke baad - Now I'm married, & have a baby girl. I'm working in Non-life Insurance, Public Sector. (Still miss clinics) My political blog is purely my opinions. About almost everything that affects us. Or someone. My personal blog is my humble attempt at humour, by being sarcastic, & I personally know people way more witty than myself ....................

Followers