RooBaRoo

All my Public writing

(Milkstained) Fluffball in my blanket


Once in our hostel in Delhi, a certain girl's bedding caught fire from her room heater. Since I too used a blower, & kept it close to the bed, that winter, I developed a easily disturbed, flaky sleep. I won't dream of fire, but I'd be half awake  several times, the blower always at the corner of my mind ...
That's how you sleep when you have a baby, "Did she just make a sound?"
Changes in sleep cycle are difficult. Irritability happens. To all who start on shift duty, & to new parents. I personally have a lot of support at home, & am encouraged to sleep when the baby sleeps.
That helps. One more thing helps.

You wake up hearing low but sharp distress sounds, You rub your eyes vigourously, because they seem to be glued closed.
When you ultimately switch the lights on, you see a tiny speck making a baby face at you ... yes, babies make that baby face .
Your own baby is more cute than any baby, human or animal that you have seen, & when those huge eyes get rounded, flat nose get crinkled, little mouth assumes an expression so innocent & ignorant, "I don't know nooothing! Is this milk time?"
It helps
:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
I started out studying Rehabilitation. Drifted to Management. Was employed with private firms for 3 yrs... Break ke baad - Now I'm married, & have a baby girl. I'm working in Non-life Insurance, Public Sector. (Still miss clinics) My political blog is purely my opinions. About almost everything that affects us. Or someone. My personal blog is my humble attempt at humour, by being sarcastic, & I personally know people way more witty than myself ....................

Followers