RooBaRoo

All my Public writing

Annexure to the Raipur incident

What happenned inside the Dr's chamber

Deepti had got me to buy glue & paste the photo on the declaration. So the forms were almost complete. The senior nurse took my ECG, & sent it & me to the Dr for interpretation. Thankfully, everything was alright with me. While fulfilling the formalities, the Dr proceeded to tell me a story.

"Mere saath bhi aisa hua tha. (He had been stating the obvious - the inco-ordination in the Company.) I went to Bombay. (He had completed DM in 1995, but didn't look his age) I had applied, & got selected, & got a call for medical checkup. I had 4 & 4.5 power. It was out of range for the employment. So they said, You'd have to go to a medical panel. What did I care? 3 senior Drs are going to test my vision, so I get a free examination. I went for it. They examined me. They gave a 'go-ahead'. I received an appointment letter. I tore it up. Mujhe Govt job karna hi nahin tha!"

What happenned outside the Dr's chamber

Deepti got herself a bottle of water. There were many children around. All 3-4 yrs olds. Two of them, a brother & a sister, got Deepti. First, they kept telling their mother (while looking at Deepti) that they wanted water. Since she kept telling them that their father had gone to get it, Deepti didn't offer them. So they gherao-ed her. They kept asking strange questions (i do not know the details), leaped & hopped around her in cult-fashion, commented & made demands (even after their father got them water) & might have eaten her live if the Dr took any more time...

What happened at the Railway station.

Poor Deepti had been missing her siesta for 3 days, & getting quite ill. After submitting the documents, we went home, & collected my things, (& new tops) & Deepti thought that I could catch the 5:15 train. In the hurry, she forgot her wallet & mobile.

She dropped me at the station. Though I didn't catch the 5:15 train, I was in ample time for the 6:25 one. I asked Deepti not to park & return straightaway. She told me she'd call once she reached home.

I settled with the Cosmopolitan.
OW-ME-GAWD!
There was something in it. Her roommate's certificates, & extremely importat certificates they were too! I started calling her frantically.
Called my Mom to get Deepti's (cute) brother's no., & called him in case he had her roommates no. He didn't.

After many calls, Deepti fianlly picked up. I called her back. I asked her to park & come straight in through the station restuarant - I had no time for her to get a platform ticket.

She came. & also got me the frozen finger fries I had bought the other day, & kep at her landlady's fridge.
Seriously.
Deepti's a darling.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
I started out studying Rehabilitation. Drifted to Management. Was employed with private firms for 3 yrs... Break ke baad - Now I'm married, & have a baby girl. I'm working in Non-life Insurance, Public Sector. (Still miss clinics) My political blog is purely my opinions. About almost everything that affects us. Or someone. My personal blog is my humble attempt at humour, by being sarcastic, & I personally know people way more witty than myself ....................

Followers