RooBaRoo

All my Public writing

The dissappeared one

I searched & searched for Zeeshan, the lawyer & real-estate agent, on facebook.
If only I could get his no. & reach him before he reached.
I was calling Dad to find out where he was, as my train entered Durg station, & I got up & came to the door to find him & …
The phone dropped into the folds of the blankets, & I never knew.
When I had deboarded, & was checking my luggage, I realized the phone was not there, & the train was leaving… (& that’s how I lost my 4th phone, a new set I had just bought for my sister)
Zeeshan would be getting off at the next stop, & that’s why the futile attempt to get him to keep it.
I had been in the train almost 24 hrs, chatting with the Mango businessman, & another old gentleman, who shared some experiences with him, & was going to Vishakhapatanam for the inauguration of a Gurudwara.
Zeeshan told us about his internship work on the Telgi case, & how he had been amazed by the proportions of it. He was an easy guy with an entertaining style. His boasting didn’t sound like boasting. He told us how he does what he believes, how he had twice invoked RTI, how he had once approached a news channel who gave him a pen-camera for candid capture of corruption.
The Mango businessman got defensive talking to him.
At night, after everyone had dinner, he asked me to go stand at the door & chat. Since I wasn’t sleepy, & lights were out (so I couldn’t read), I agreed.
He offered me a cigarette. (That’s a first) I refused. We talked about this & that. He stated strongly how one must do the work they truly enjoy.
On hearing that I enjoyed counseling, he very sincerely advised me to become a Spiritual counselor, & establish a “math”. These people make tones of money! To illustrate, he told me a story.
There is this very popular spiritual Guru (no names). & elite too. His disciples are all financially established, & the rejuvenation courses cost small fortunes. & people also give huge donations to these gurus, to whiten their black money or to lighten their still-existant consciences. Such a man had been coming to this guru. Every month-end, he would discreetly place Rs 25 Lacs at the gurus feet. He stayed & meditated, but never tried to correspond. This went on for 6 months.
One day, he went up to the guru. Very concerned & asked for special blessings. On badgering, he broke that he was in urgent need of a large loan for the starting of a real-estate project. But he was not able to get it sanctioned.
The Guru considered. He asked for the documents of the deal, & after studying them, decided to invest in the project himself, not lend, but set up a partnership with the guy.
You can imagine the rest. The man ran away with a sum of Rs 7.5 Cr. They couldn’t trace him.
“See what a bet he played – he sniffed out where the money lay, & took a risk of Rs 1.5 Cr.” Says Zeeshan.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
I started out studying Rehabilitation. Drifted to Management. Was employed with private firms for 3 yrs... Break ke baad - Now I'm married, & have a baby girl. I'm working in Non-life Insurance, Public Sector. (Still miss clinics) My political blog is purely my opinions. About almost everything that affects us. Or someone. My personal blog is my humble attempt at humour, by being sarcastic, & I personally know people way more witty than myself ....................

Followers