RooBaRoo

All my Public writing

the incident at Raipur I

I’m about to join a new job. I was called for ‘medical Fitness’ test for it. That became blog material.
To avoid disclosing the organization’s name (Who knows who gets offended!) I’ll call it “The Company” now on …
I saw it on the website that I had cleared the interview. They were going to send me a letter directing me to the nearest Regional Office to report for Medical Check-up.
It did arrive, though a trifle late. I got it on 27th. “We will appreciate if you call to confirm the time of your visit” they had said. I called the regional office. Call was not answered. I became h-a-p-p-y! No Saturdays! 5-day week!
So there would be no appointment. “immediately and in no case later than 30.6.2009 at 10.00 AM” the letter said, “In case you fail to report for Medical examination by 30.6.2009, we shall assume that you are not interested in joining the Company …”
Since I’m located at Bhilai, I was suggested the Raipur regional office, & address was provided. The end of the letter said “ CC : Regional I/c., RO Raipur for information. Our detailed instructions are being sent separately.”
Dad consulted someone, who works for that company, & confirmed 5-day week, & that there would be training at Noida, & that this address was in fact the Divisional office … & one more thing, & I didn’t pay attention.
I called Deepti. She said she was again contemplating break-up. I said I’m coming down on Monday. I’d need her resources. All out …

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
I started out studying Rehabilitation. Drifted to Management. Was employed with private firms for 3 yrs... Break ke baad - Now I'm married, & have a baby girl. I'm working in Non-life Insurance, Public Sector. (Still miss clinics) My political blog is purely my opinions. About almost everything that affects us. Or someone. My personal blog is my humble attempt at humour, by being sarcastic, & I personally know people way more witty than myself ....................

Followers