RooBaRoo

All my Public writing

the incident at Raipur II

I wanted to take the 7:20 local to Raipur. Dad dropped me to the station. I asked him to buy me a ticket, so I won’t have to remove my ‘wrapping’.
There were 4 guys standing at the counter, being restless.
The ‘behind-the-counter’-s were unable to
Initiate their software/ link-up to their server/ find the correct option to book (not regular booking guy) or something.
Hence, no tickets.
Meanwhile, the 6:30 local was still standing at platform 3, I looked at my watch, 7:05. Everyone started jumping up & down. “Manual ticket de do na bhayya”
That too was too difficult. It was obvious that the designated employee was late. In another 10 mins, they did manage to hand out manual tickets. These may be relics soon… should already have been.
The 6:30 local departed at 7:15, & reached Raipur in the time of the next one, the 7:20 one. Deepti had called & I had told her my position, & I called again after reaching. She came & picked me up.
Deepti lives close to the Medical college. Which is quite close to the railway station. With 2 roommates – sisters; they share a 2BHK house on the 1st floor.
I shed my scarf. I told her my plan to visit the office of the company & then the designated Dr, & showed her the address. It was close by.
They got ready. Deepti “tripled” Simmi & me to the Medical College hospital.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
I started out studying Rehabilitation. Drifted to Management. Was employed with private firms for 3 yrs... Break ke baad - Now I'm married, & have a baby girl. I'm working in Non-life Insurance, Public Sector. (Still miss clinics) My political blog is purely my opinions. About almost everything that affects us. Or someone. My personal blog is my humble attempt at humour, by being sarcastic, & I personally know people way more witty than myself ....................

Followers